POSITION TITLE: Director, Real Estate Solutions
BASIC FUNCTION: The Director, Real Estate Solutions serves as the Alliance’s liaison to local and state partners to assist in identifying, cataloging, and marketing sites for development. The Director will work with localities, commercial real estate brokers, and property owners to determine ways to make properties “business ready” and seek opportunities to obtain funding for any needed improvements. The position will work under the auspices of both the Hampton Roads Alliance and the Eastern Virginia Regional Industrial Facility Authority (EVRIFA).
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the President & CEO, Chief Business Development Officer, business development and business intelligence team to fulfill requests. Also works under the guidance of the EVRIFA Director and Board.
- Work with local Economic Development and Planning Departments to identify sites and due diligence needed to advance those sites to “shovel-ready” status
- Work with engineering firms as necessary to outline the scope of work to to make sites shovel-ready
- Once a company selects a location, work alongside the company and the locality to propose and implement any real estate solutions necessary
- Assist with responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and/or Requests for Proposal (RFP) from site selection consultants, individual prospects/companies, the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) and Alliance staff through the provision of all needed data and any necessary interpretation
- Serve as staff support to the EVRIFA to includes scheduling meetings, taking minutes, communicating with members as needed, and making any needed presentations on behalf of the organization
- Work alongside the Alliance’s marketing and communications to market real estate to potential prospects
- Meet with commercial real estate brokers on a regular basis to stay up-to-date on industry trends and assist with marketing sites as needed
- Manage the Virginia Scan, CoStar, and other commercial real estate databases on behalf of the Alliance and, when desired, on behalf of local economic development organizations
- Present reports to Board of Directors, Regional Economic Developers (RED) Team, Executive Committee and as required to other organizations
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SPECIAL SKILLS OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to research, comprehend, and communicate the meaning behind economic, demographic, and statistical data
- One - five years of economic development related work experience or education
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with local and state economic development representatives
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
- Must be a team player willing to assist co-workers on an as needed basis
- Ability to use computerized databases for project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Professional Office Suite applications and database knowledge desired
- Experience in Salesforce Customer Relationship Management software desired
- Experience with using CoStar desired
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a preference for coursework in engineering, urban planning, real estate, or related fields.
- Planning, engineering, or site development experience preferred.